Voters participating in an election in-person will be required to show photo ID. When voting in the General Election voters will be required to show one of the following six forms of photo ID when voting in-person during advance voting or on Election Day:
- A Georgia driver’s license, even if expired;
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free Voter ID Card issued by your county registrar or Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS);
- Valid U.S. passport;
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority, or other entity of this state;
- Valid U.S. military photo ID; or
- Valid tribal photo ID.
If a voter does not have one of these forms of photo identification, they can obtain a FREE Voter ID card at their county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services.
All absentee ballots must be received by the county registrar on Election Day.Photo identification is not required when voting by mail. To download an absentee ballot request form, please visit www.sos.ga.gov/elections .
A series of maps for voting districts are now available online in the Board of Elections section of the Online Documents:
- Athens-Clarke County Commission Districts
- Clarke County School Districts
- Georgia House Districts
- Georgia Senate Districts
- Georgia U.S. Congressional Districts (Advance voting is not available on the Monday preceding an election ,i.e., Nov. 6th).
Check out updated voter information at www.sos.ga.gov/elections regarding:
- absentee ballots [updated 1/15/08]
- ID requirements for voting at gaphotoid.com [Secretary of State’s Office]
- qualifications for voting
Not sure where you should vote? Use the Secretary of State’s online locator to determine your polling location. (Note: Official records must come from the Board of Elections, so use this only as a guide. Read the disclaimer.)
Check out where to vote with list of polling locations if you know your precinct.
Voter registration forms are available at the Board of Elections Office, the Athens Regional Library on Baxter St., the ACC Tag Office on Lexington Rd., the State Patrol Office, and online at the Georgia Secretary of State’s Web site.
Visit the Georgia Counts Web site – www.georgiacounts.com – for information about the touch screen voting machines.
Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division: Voter registration information, election results, qualifying candidates, absentee ballot form, and more.