Winterville Downtown Development Authority
DDAs have a range of powers:
- developing and promoting downtowns
- making long-range plans or proposals for downtowns
- financing (by loan, grant, lease, borrow or otherwise) projects for the public good
- executing contracts and agreements
- purchasing, leasing and selling property
- issuing revenue bonds and notes
7 DDA members (“Directors”) are appointed and the requirements for serving on the DDA can be found on the application. The DDA will work with our Georgia Municipal Association DDA Manager, Stephanie Aylworth.
The Downtown Development Authority meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Meetings are open to the public. Please email Melissa Metzger for more information.
Melissa Metzger, Secretary
Amanda Mooney, Vice-Chair
Bryan Vaughn, Chair
Sarah Williamson, Treasurer
Dec 10, 2020
Funded through the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government (ACCGov) and the federal CARES Act, the Joint Development Authority (JDA) of the Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County and the City of Winterville and the Northeast Georgia Business Alliance are opening...
Dec 18, 2017
FEBRUARY 27, 2017 - The Winterville Design Guidelines Charrette took place February 24th through 26th in the Historic Train Depot. UGA students and professors from the College of Environment and Design spent tthree days in our city and conducted an intense look into...