WINTERVILLE LOCAL ACTION COMMITTEE (LAC) MEETING
Minutes May 12, 2021
Minutes from 4/14/21 approved.
Review of Action Items
Review action items from 5/12/21:
1. Bruce Johnson emailed the Mayor and City Council about parking. The City has engaged the Northeast Georgia Regional Commission to develop a Complete Streets plan that will look at parking options along the trail.
2. Bruce Johnson scheduled the group Trail Ambassador training. Diane Harris, Jennifer Crane, Brad Averill, John Kissane, and Bruce Johnson are now Trail Ambassadors with ACC Leisure Services.
– Bob Bonsall mentioned the possibility of making Winterville a trail hub, with trails within the City and perhaps outside the city connecting to the Firefly Trail.
– The group discussed the possible spur trail to Hull. Paul Bunce is going to review that route and report back.
– Bob Bonsall shared feedback from citizens concerned about not having enough parking along the trail, especially at the Depot.